- State Responsibility Area Viewer
- Timber Harvest Exemptions Summary 2019
- 2019 Francis H. Raymond Award - Request for Nominations
- 2018 Strategic Fire Plan
- 2018 Board Annual Report
- Board response to CLFA Letter – CalTREES Forms
- List of County Authorized Designees for Less than 3 acre Conversion Exemption Signature Requirement
- 2017 California Forest Pest Conditions Report 1 of 2
- 2017 California Forest Pest Conditions Report 2 of 2
*Special Notice: Please use the link(s) below to register for the broadcast. Public participation is open and available for all webinars. Please note each meeting is a separate registration.
- Management Committee Meeting. on Mar 5, 2019 9:00 AM
- Resource Protection Committee Meeting on Mar 5, 2019 10 AM
- Forest Practice Committee Meeting. on Mar 5, 2019 1:00 PM PST
- Board of Forestry and Fire Protection. on Mar 6, 2019 9:00 AM
- Effectiveness Monitoring Committee Meeting – Mar 19, 2019 9:30AM
California Vegetation Treatment Program (CalVTP)
The Board is preparing a Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) for the proposed California Vegetation Treatment Program (CalVTP). Under the CalVTP, CAL FIRE would implement vegetation treatments to reduce wildfire risks and avoid or diminish the harmful effects of wildfire on the people, property, and natural resources in the State of California. To counteract decades of fire suppression, vegetation treatment activities would be designed to reduce fire fuels, improve protection from wildfire through strategically located fuel breaks, and mimic a natural fire regime using prescribed burning. In addition, ecosystem restoration activities would be designed to approximate natural habitat conditions, processes, and values to those occurring prior to the period of fire suppression. The PEIR will analyze the potential environmental effects of the proposed CalVTP.
A Notice of Preparation was released on January 30, 2019, which provides information about the comment period and scoping sessions.
To be kept apprised of updates on the CalVTP PEIR, please email CalVTP@bof.ca.gov.
Public comments regarding Board of Forestry and Fire Protection matters or actions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.